It is quite a common sight to see people indulge in discussions regarding how prices of things have shot up. These discussions start from something relatively small and can go up to more expensive items. For an instance, one would start with the growing prices of groceries and it can end up with prices of a car. Amidst all of this, one must not forget a crucial aspect of life that has seen the price rise, healthcare.
Over the last few years, double-digit inflation has ensured that medical expenses have gone up steadily. This begs a very simple and basic question, is there a way to tackle such situations? There sure is and it is called health insurance.
A health insurance plan online is an agreement between you and an insurer. According to the agreement a policyholder must pay a premium on a regular basis and in return, the insurer offers cover against medical expenses. Since these agreements are an annual affair, you can always stay ahead of the inflation by opting for a higher sum insured.
Here are a few reasons why one must add the best health insurance to their financial portfolio.
- A health insurance acts as a shield protecting you against the ever-rising healthcare costs.
- Individuals who do not have a cover are less likely to get better healthcare. As hospitals might feel that you won’t be able to pay for the expenses.
- The best health insurance plans ensure that their policy holders undergo regular medical checkups, thereby reducing the probability of risks.
- Lastly, a health plan ensures that any unforeseen medical condition cannot unsettle you or your family financially.
Recognizing the Best Health Insurance
To recognize the best health insurance plan, one must pit it against some standard parameters. If it comes out on the top of it, you must surely consider it or even buy the same. The following are some of the parameters that will help you decide the same.
There is only so much that a person can dedicate towards certain activities or investments. Thus, your budget plays a crucial role in deciding which plan you can buy. However, buying a plan with the lowest premium might not be the best decision as well.
Add New Members
A health plan must be flexible enough to let you add new members or additional members. Such flexibility can come in handy if you have a new addition to the family. Look for a policy that offers the same.
If you are someone who is looking for a family floater plan, look for the people whom you can add to the plan. Some insurers let you add your spouse and children with relative ease while others let you add dependent parents easily. Depending on your needs, you can pick up a plan.
The whole intent of buying a health insurance plan is to use it at the time of need. If the settlement process of a plan is complicated or lengthy, it just wouldn’t serve the purpose. Thus, look for a policy that has an easy and hassle-free settlement process.
One of the smartest ways to land up with the best health insurance policy is to compare them online on Coverfox. This is a wonderful online platform which helps you filter your needs and choose the best. On the face of it, you will be able to view the quotes by different insurers for the similar plan along with features on offer. This way, you will be able to get a plan that not only fits your budget but also offers the most value for money.
Features of The Health Insurance
Since most of us put in a lot of effort into our work, it is only natural that we look for the best health insurance plan. The best plan out there would offer most of the following features.
- Cover for in-patient related expenses. Expenses such as nursing charges, room rent, medicines, doctor consultation fees, diagnostic tests and so on.
- The best health plan would usually cover pre-hospitalization expenses up to 60 days prior to a medical procedure and post-hospitalization expenses up to 90 days after a procedure.
- Cover expenses for medical procedures that do not require a patient to be admitted for more than a day.
- An exhaustive list of hospitals as a part of the network group, thereby increasing your possibility of getting cashless treatment.
The best health insurance plan can give a big boost to your financial portfolio. Thus, one must not shy away from the same.