Today, many universities and business schools give MBA degrees. How to make a good choice of school? How to navigate in a sea of diverse, not invariably reliable information?
According to surveys of potential MBA programs listeners, which can be regularly conducted by Begin Group company project, 47% of respondents consider school reputation the most critical indicators. Applicants confirm the use of school accreditation serves a crucial element of its image.
Both schools and individual programs might be considered accredited and highly relevant to international standards. If an institution is qualified to offer business education, therefore its programs meet standards. The following organizations involved in accreditation might be best known: AACSB International (USA), AMBA (Europe), EQUIS (Europe) and ECBE (Europe).
Different countries likewise have national organizations that accredit schools and programs when it comes to compliance with standards. For example, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools is just one of the well-known institutions of this kind within the U.S.
Organizations providing services for accreditation of education:
- AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- AMBA (Association of MBAs)
- EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System)
- ECBE (European Council for Business Education)
- RABE (Russian Association of Business Education)
AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) – the main U.S. organization operating within the said area. AACSB was made in 1916. Its goal is to increase the quality of higher education in business administration and management. At this time, the Association accredited 426 organizations all over the world.
Only nine greater than 100 business schools inside the UK are accredited by three leading organizations inside the UK, Europe as well as the USA.
International Organization of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) gives accreditation only to those schools which meet expectations of business and academic communities with a lot of quality standards.
AACSB International Accreditation ensures stakeholders a company school:
- manages resources in an attempt to perform appropriate vital mission;
- develops knowledge running a business and management using higher-education teaching personnel;
- conducts training at quality education programs at the highest level;
- creates conditions for fruitful interaction between students and faculty;
- graduate students who completed specific training plans.
- Association of MBA (AMBA) deals with problems of education in management for university graduates and promotes the formation of professional manager class, addressing two major challenges:
- Promote MBA in academic institutions, interest prospective students and employers using the program and increase supply and interest in MBA programs.
- Check the quality of MBA programs carries a sufficiently higher level to teach highly qualified managers.
Accreditation was shown to ensure these objectives are met and assess business schools and their programs to fulfill certain criteria. Criteria established through the Association are constantly improved, and business schools and employers make their invaluable contribution to this process. Currently, the Association has to increase the need for education inside the field of management among university graduates, and likewise, the Association deals with the business of the fact MBA marketplace is progressively more international.